Bug reports.

eric at cit-vax eric at cit-vax
Thu Aug 18 07:46:15 AEST 1983

Please note what system you are on when you make a bug report or
comment about some program. Recently, I saw a message about
find(1) referring to the -depth switch. I had never heard of that
one and came to the conclusion that it was sysIII or sysV. In this
case the deduction was relatively painless, but on other occasions
I have seen a bug fix and gone into my 4.1bsd code to install it
only to find that the code bears no relation to the code in the bug fix.
Please note at least the system and hopefully some indication of the
version of the software if possible.
		    * Eric Holstege  Caltech, Pasadena, CA.
		    * eric at cit-vax   {ucbvax!cithep,research}!citcsv!eric