Text formatters

jackson at nadc jackson at nadc
Thu Aug 4 01:26:49 AEST 1983

I am interested in learning more about software products for VAX-UNIX (text
formatters) that are used to produce large documents. If anyone has had any
experience with a good product that they would like to recommend, I would
appreciate it if they would get in touch with me.

I am looking into SCRIBE and have gotten some very helpful response so far;
if anyone else has any comments to add (positive or negative) I would very
much appreciate it.

Also, I am interestered in some information on a specific product, called
MUSE, available from MARC SOFTWARE INTERNATIONAL.  This product is currently
available for use with VAX-VMS systems, and should soon be available for use
with UNIX.

I have heard mention of a document processor called TeX.  Is this product
currently available?  If anyone can give me more information, or can direct
me to someone (or somewhere) that I can find information, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Please contact:  jackson at nadc

Thank you very much!