Help needed.

CMCNATT at stl-host1 CMCNATT at stl-host1
Mon Aug 8 07:40:00 AEST 1983

I have a file which became too large for the screen editor we are using.

My user called and I immediately snatched it from the /tmp directory so I
could split it up and save it for them.  Trouble is the file will not read
into "ed" or "vi".  It says the line is too long.

"nroff" tore the file asunder as there were a lot of columns and no nroff
commands imbedded to turn of fill.

Is there a utility that can be used from the shell to copy part of a file
to another?

Chuck McNatt
cmcnatt.anad at udel-relay
cmcnatt at stl-host1