4.2 signals broken?

Clyde W. Hoover clyde at ut-ngp.UUCP
Wed Dec 7 12:24:26 AEST 1983

I too find the sudden change of signals disturbing.  What is the MOST
disturbing is that I can't CONTROL their behavior! What if I WANT my
tty reads to return an error if interrupted?  Why can't I do that?

What we need here in an ioctl (fnctl) to set/clear the 'system call
restart' feature, just like the 'close on exec' feature.  I am also
upset at the dissapearance of sigset, sighold, sigrelse and all the other
special signal setting routines we were told to use in our VAX code
by the Berkeley boys.

I guess it'll teach me to stick to signal(sig, handler)!

		Shouter-To-Dead-Parrots
--
Clyde W. Hoover @ Univ. of Texas Computation Center
Austin, Texas