sendmail path aliasing? - (nf)

P. T. Withington ptw at vaxine.UUCP
Wed Dec 21 06:23:57 AEST 1983

I have faked pathalias into sendmail by adding a mailer to my sendmail.cf that
invokes the old netmail for any uucp address that is not resolved to my
directly connected neighbors.  The relevant lines are:

# In machine-dependent part of S0
R$-!$+			$#netmail$@$1$:$2			host!user

# In uucpm.m4
Mnetmail, P=/usr/lib/mailers/netmail, F=sDFMhun, S=13, R=23, M=100000,
	A=...net%mail -s $h -u $u
Muucp,	P=/usr/bin/uux, F=sDFMhuU, S=13, R=23, M=100000,
	A=uux - -r $h!rmail ($u)

This is a hack and only a hack.  I await true enlightenment on a better way...

                                                --ptw