Does anyone have nargs() for the 68000?

Dave Sherman dave at utcsrgv.UUCP
Fri Dec 23 01:58:09 AEST 1983

I am planning to port the legal education CAI I have developed to
an as-yet unidentified 68000 machine running 20-30 ports. Right
now it's on an 11/23 running v7. I make fairly heavy use of nargs(),
which officially doesn't exist in v7 - I borrowed the PDP-11 assembler
code from an old v6 machine.

The nargs() routine returns the number of arguments which its calling
procedure was called with. It's a very handy thing to have - takes about
50 lines in PDP-11 assembler.

I don't know the first thing about Motorola assembler, but I assume
there is such a thing, and that someone out there may have written
nargs() in it. The machine we'll be getting will probably run Unisoft's
UniPlus, or possibly Xenix.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Dave Sherman
The Law Society of Upper Canada
Toronto
--
 {allegra,cornell,decvax,ihnp4,linus,utzoo}!utcsrgv!dave