_brk routine not supplied for franz rawhlisp

salkind%nyu at sri-unix.UUCP salkind%nyu at sri-unix.UUCP
Sat Dec 10 04:07:12 AEST 1983

From:  Lou Salkind <salkind at nyu>

Subject: _brk routine not supplied for franz rawhlisp
Index:	ucb/lisp/franz/vax 4.2BSD

	rawhlisp can not be built from the distributed sources (several
	important franz applications need this).
Repeat-By:
	In the vax directory, type make rawhlisp.  You will get _brk
	undefined.
Fix:
	1) make a symbolic link to /usr/src/lib/libc/vax/sys/SYS.h in
	the franz/h directory
	2) install the following in vax/hbrk.c
---
/* special brk for hlisp */

#include "SYS.h"

#define SYS_brk         17

	.globl  curbrk

ENTRY(_brk)
	chmk    $SYS_brk
	jcs     err
	movl    4(ap),curbrk
	clrl    r0
	ret
err:
	jmp     cerror
---
	3) apply the following changes to Makefile:
---
82c82
< VaxObj = bigmath.o qfuncl.o vax.o
---
> VaxObj = bigmath.o qfuncl.o vax.o hbrk.o
117a118,120

> hbrk.o: hbrk.c
> 	cc -I../h -E ${ProfFlag2} hbrk.c | as -o hbrk.o
---