Access rights for suid programs

lee at fortune.UUCP lee at fortune.UUCP
Wed Dec 21 08:29:15 AEST 1983

I don't see any problem with reading or executing files.
But how are we going to handle ownership of new files?
Do new files belong to real user or effective user?
Do we need a new system call to switch between real user
and effective user ownership? Ops, is this bringing in
more problems than what it is trying to solve?  How are
we going to convince UNIX old timers to change their programs
(please read the on-going discussion with 4.2 signals ).

  c  / 			Ed Lee
 C. /_.  	{amd70, ihnp4, harpo}!fortune!lee