virtual PDP-11

Ed Lee lee at fortune.UUCP
Fri Dec 2 07:26:48 AEST 1983

Mike, thank you for telling me that some of the 11's (what model?
PDP 11/45, 11/70, 11/80? ) can restart instructions ( since you didn't
post your message to the net, I don't know if you want me to quote
your message or not. ).  Well, I guess I have to rephase my complaints
a little bit:

	BTL UNIX for the VAX is wasting the important resources of
	the VAX by not having virtual memory.
and
	BTL UNIX for the PDP-11 is wasting some enhancements of the
	PDP-11 by not running virtual memory.

I am still in favor of virtual memory ( see next message ).

	Ed Lee
	fortune!lee