Bus speeds. - (nf)

jab at uokvax.UUCP jab at uokvax.UUCP
Sun Dec 11 13:53:00 AEST 1983

#R:sri-arpa:-1416900:uokvax:6200005:000:591
uokvax!jab    Dec  8 01:35:00 1983

	From:  Howard Alt <alt at aids-unix>

	Does anyone knoe the maximum throughput rates of any of
	the following busses?  (and perhaps special details about
	how they work, that affect perforamnce)
	Multibus
	Unibus
	Massbus
	Versabus
	VMEbus
	STDbus
	Qbus

For the DEC UNIBUS, MASSBUS, and Q-bus, look in the "DEC Unibus Handbook"
(I believe that's what it's called --- the "DEC Blue Bus Book") for the
info on how the bus traffic works, and what bus performce is. (I'm at home,
and can't get to mine, sorry.)

The book is worth its weight in, umm, err, ahh... gold!

	Jeff Bowles
	Lisle, IL