How can I use my HP 7475A Plotter for S ?

W.STEWART govern at houxf.UUCP
Thu Dec 22 10:13:31 AEST 1983

I just got an HP 7475A plotter, and tried to use it with S.  ( I don't know
S; I'm just the local guru trying to set up this new hardware.)  I tried
"hpgl", and some stuff was displayed that looked like S was expecting a
handshake back from the plotter, but nothing happened.  If I typed "0" onto
the line, S dumped out some more stuff.  I was using the following hardware
configuration:

	VAX tty port ---- HP2624 terminal, port 1
			  HP2624 terminal, port 2 --------- Plotter

All the circuits are equipped for XON/XOFF, and the parities and baud rates
are compatible.

Does anybody have an HP 7475A in a configuration that works?  In case it
matters, I'm using 4.1BSD UNIX(tm), but to my knowledge the "S" package is
identical for the BSD and USG 5.0.

				Thanks;
				Bill Stewart, BTL Holmdel NJ
				ucbvax!ihnp4!ho95b!wcs