DMF-32

Kevin Carosso kvc at scgvaxd.UUCP
Wed Dec 14 12:01:51 AEST 1983

This is in response to the query about the DMF-32 parallel port.
VMS does indeed support the parallel port.  It works just fine.
I know of at least one site who use the DMF as their sole printer
interface.  No problems at all.

Also, I believe we got some kind of a DMF-32 parallel interface look-alike
with our QMS laser-printer.  We had to hack together a driver for
UNIX (4.1bsd), but this wasn't *too* difficult.  Since we run VMS
systems too, the person who did the UNIX driver had access to the
VMS source listings.

As far as I know, it works just fine.  If anyone is interested in the
driver, let me know and I'll point you to the right person.

    /Kevin Carosso      {allegra | decvax!trw-unix}!scgvaxd!engvax!kvc
     Hughes Aircraft Co.