Unix Error Messages at Crash Time

ben%brandeis%csnet-relay at sri-unix.UUCP ben%brandeis%csnet-relay at sri-unix.UUCP
Tue Dec 20 08:21:58 AEST 1983

Is there anyone out there who knows what Unix error messages at crash time
mean? I am talking about the ones not explained in section 8 of volume 1.
Messages like "panic: mba, zero entry", "unit 0: random interrupt", or
"machine check".

CRASH(8) says the following about machine checks:

	 "We should describe machine checks, and will someday. For now,
	  ask someone who knows (like your friendly field service people)."