Using Labelled MagTapes

sdyer%bbn-unix at sri-unix.UUCP sdyer%bbn-unix at sri-unix.UUCP
Tue Jun 21 05:57:30 AEST 1983

From:  Steve Dyer <sdyer at bbn-unix>

There is a program written by Mike Duffy when he was at Harvard called
"vmstape" which reads and writes VMS/ANSI format tapes.  It uses
some 4.1BSD-type magtape ioctls to skip and/or write tape marks, but
otherwise should port fairly easily.  I just used it last week to extract
files from an ANSI tape--it worked just fine.

I can send it to you over the net if you get permission from the people at
Harvard (or you can arrange to send them a tape etc.)

Best,
Steve Dyer