pdp11 loader options

arnold at gatech.UUCP arnold at gatech.UUCP
Sat Jun 11 01:24:34 AEST 1983

	There is something that I've always wondered about on
pdp11 unix systems. What exactly is the difference between the
-i and -n loader options? The manual page is about as clear
as the New York Skyline is even.
	I know that they both separate your program into
separate I and D space, and that -i has to be used when a program
gets too big for -n. I don't understand how or why tho.

	Thanks in advance,

		Arnold Robbins
--
"The parchment and quill pen of Arnold Robbins"

Arnold @ GATech		          (CS Net)
Arnold.GATech @ UDel-Relay        (ARPA)	 School of ICS
...!{sb1, allegra}!gatech!arnold  (uucp)      	 Georgia Tech
...!duke!mcnc!msdc!gatech!arnold                 Atlanta, GA 30332
...!decvax!cornell!allegra!gatech!arnold