Passwords

chris at umcp-cs.UUCP chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Sat Jun 18 10:52:00 AEST 1983

Ok, yes, now that you mention it, I do recall something I read on
choosing passwords.  I've changed mine so that no dictionary search,
nor any friends-or-relatives-names search, will crack it.  I think
I like Alan S. Watt's method of taking a favorite phrase and using
the first (or whatever) letter of each word.  Easy to remember,
and usually nonsensical without knowing the phrase.  Perhaps it's
also a good idea to change one character in a bizarre way (use the
numeric value or something) so that no phrase-testing program will
break it?

				- Chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs
ARPA:	chris.umcp-cs at UDel-Relay