Ideas on UNIX security

goldfarb at ucf-cs.UUCP goldfarb at ucf-cs.UUCP
Wed Jun 22 04:12:57 AEST 1983

I think this discussion is heading in the wrong direction.  Instead of
talking about how we can prevent breaches of password security, perhaps
we should concern ourselves with the broader problem of what to do once
root security has been broken THAT ONE TIME.  How many of you have found
setuid root files appearing in funny places?  No matter what we do with
passwords, etc., once Unix has been  cracked it leaks like a sieve.

--
Ben Goldfarb
uucp:  ...!duke!ucf-cs!goldfarb