Security and Passwords

zben.umcp-cs%udel-relay at sri-unix.UUCP zben.umcp-cs%udel-relay at sri-unix.UUCP
Thu Jun 30 17:30:05 AEST 1983

From:  Ben Cranston <zben.umcp-cs at udel-relay>

 For some years now I have been using passwords that have the form of
familiar (and rememberable) words with crucial letters doubled.  For
example, for years my password on the Univac 1100 was "AGGNEW" and my
standard low-security password was "NIXXON"...  This last from analogy
with EXXON and a certain cartoon in the National Lampoon...
Ben Cranston, Univ of Maryland Computer Science Center