Ways in which mail programs modify the body of a message?

bradn at tekecs.UUCP bradn at tekecs.UUCP
Tue Jun 21 07:59:36 AEST 1983

After several unsuccessful attempts to send lex scripts through the mail,
I am faced with the following question:
	Can anyone describe a set of rules which will assure me that letters
	will make it through the network mail UNALTERED?

So far, I have learned the following rules:
	1) no line of the letter begins with the word "From".
	2) no line of the letter begins with a any word followed by a colon -
	  e.g. "Confirm:".
	2) the letter contains no adjacent backslashes.
	3) no line of the letter contains more than eighty characters.

Brad Needham
Tektronix, Inc.