osh

mel at houxm.UUCP mel at houxm.UUCP
Sat Jun 11 23:44:58 AEST 1983

Oh, come on guys! "oanything" as a command name almost always means the "old"
version of "anything", just as "nanything" usually means the "new" version.
Our computer center systems are full of these at any one time as new things
are filtered in.  The original question on this a month ago referred to our
"osh", the released version of "sh"; as opposed to the running "sh" that has a
little added diddle to logoff an idle user (NOT a port hog chaser, but a service
to forgetful users who don't like being charged for their idleness).  To expand
this a gospel over all systems is misleading.  We probably need a better, more
organized way to handle changes than "o" and "n" prefixes, but human nature
prevails.    Mel Haas  ,  houxm!mel