VAX-11/780 Memory

aps at decvax.UUCP aps at decvax.UUCP
Wed Jun 22 09:36:13 AEST 1983

First, we run our VAX-11/780 with the older MS780-C (16k chips) memory,
interleaved.  We have for about three years.  Any VAX-11/780, with two
memory controllers and an equal amount of memory per controller can.
UNIX (as well as VMS) does not care though "throughput" may be a bit higher.
The new memory for 780's from DEC, the MS780-E (MS780-F arrays) is
supposed to be able to interleave with a single controller.  I never
looked into how this is done, though.