A "record" uptime for a VAX?

msc at qubix.UUCP msc at qubix.UUCP
Tue Jun 28 07:46:06 AEST 1983

I am surprised that Rich Wales finds an uptime of 4 weeks worthy of
mention.    Our 750 regularly runs from PM to PM (bi-monthly) without
a re-boot.  I have long since come to take this for granted.

Perhaps he has just started using Unix and Vaxen.  I remember
the bad old days of 360's, 370's, PDP8's, and DEC 10's which could not
run for more than a few days without a reboot.  Unix on a Vax, however,
is the most reliable computer system I have ever used.
--
	Mark
	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!qubix!msc