Help! I'm trapped (type 8) (4.1bsd question)

utzoo!decvax!wivax!linus!genrad!wjh12!foxvax1!brunix!rayssd!dhb utzoo!decvax!wivax!linus!genrad!wjh12!foxvax1!brunix!rayssd!dhb
Tue May 3 08:27:22 AEST 1983

A trap type 8 is a segmentation fault in the kernel.  I don't know
if you have changed the kernel at all, but if you have then all
local changes should be looked at suspiciously.  We were getting
trap type 8 faults for a while and finally found an error in a
locally developed device driver.  I don't know if this has been any
help in the problem, but I thought it might be useful to hear from
someone who has had similar problems and resolved them.
	Dave Brierley
	Raytheon Co.
	...!brunix!rayssd!dhb
	...!allegra!rayssd!dhb