RP07 confusion.

MCLINDEN%RUTGERS at sri-unix.UUCP MCLINDEN%RUTGERS at sri-unix.UUCP
Thu May 26 23:56:23 AEST 1983

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site harpo.UUCP
Date:Thu, 26-May-83 09:56:23 EDT

From:  Sean McLinden  <MCLINDEN at RUTGERS>

  If anyone knows the reason for either of the followiRg
 plase let me know:

 Recently we mounted an RP07 on our Vax running 4.1 bsd.  Ap-
 parently  there is a typo in the documentation for HP(4) with
 regard to the length of RP07 partition hp?e. The manual lists
 it as being 258000 but the kernel says it is 256000. I don't
 have the slightest idea which is right, but the argument to
 mkfs must agree with the kernel's version or you get a write
 error when trying to mount a file system. Another curiosity
 is the fact that mkfs (8) says that the n interleave factor
 for the RP07 should be 800, but mkfs truncates it to 500. Why?

 Thanks for any help you can give me.

 Sean McLinden
 Decision Systems Lab

-------