Berkeley -vs- Godzilla

wert.rice%rand-relay at sri-unix.UUCP wert.rice%rand-relay at sri-unix.UUCP
Sat Nov 12 07:11:57 AEST 1983

From:  Scott Comer <wert.rice at rand-relay>

I would like point out that just about anything that comes out of Berkeley
is hardly "state of the art". As a computer scientist, "state of the art"
means to me that the system is progressive in its functionality, robust
in its implemetation, clear in its documentation, etc. 4.* is none of
these things. There is no modular design. There is no design at all.
Robust? Don't make me laugh. And the documentation often does, when I
am not crying...

The only things that Berkeley has going for it are that it is cheap,
you get the source so that you can make it work, and there is a lot of
necessary software that only runs on it...

wert