A Program To Allow ANYONE... (Not again!)

Mark Callow msc at qubix.UUCP
Sat Nov 26 10:02:08 AEST 1983

I think chuqui's flame at Perry for distributing the "system cracking"
program was a little severe since Berkeley had already done it for him
(at least on 4.1c and 4.2) in the form of adb which, together with a
readable /dev/mem (that's right mem not kmem) allows you to watch passwords
being typed.

I suppose we'll all have to make our /dev/mem's and /dev/kmem's unreadable
by mere mortals and make all the programs that need to read them (w, ps,
routed, ... ???) run suid root.
--
	Mark Callow, Saratoga, CA.
	...{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!