^D becomes ^L on my VAX Console? - (nf)

vrs at uoregon.UUCP vrs at uoregon.UUCP
Wed Nov 23 18:33:03 AEST 1983

#R:houxf:-51500:uoregon:400003:000:577
uoregon!vrs    Nov 13 01:38:00 1983

(System: VAX 11/750 using 4.1BSD, LA-120 console)

	A significant fraction of the time, when I type control D on my
	console, the terminal does a page-feed (^L).  Usually this happens
	when I log off, especially between single-user and multi-user modes.

Our system does this too, or rather did.  We switched to dumb LA34s as
console devices (for other reasons) and no longer waste paper.  What I find
annoying is that console output seems to degrade the rest of the system's
performance (our LA34s only go 300 baud, and the system seems to go to
sleep while the LA34 prints).