Dennis Ritchie's Newer-than-new Tty Driver? (& 4.2 on 68k's)

gwyn%brl-vld at sri-unix.UUCP gwyn%brl-vld at sri-unix.UUCP
Mon Nov 28 03:31:34 AEST 1983

From:      Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn at brl-vld>

You appear to be talking about "stackable line disciplines".  That is
indeed a very nice concept.  It is rumored to be installed in Research
UNIX Version 8 (I don't have documentation for that system, alas) and
is expected by some to appear in UNIX System V Release 2, or System VI,
or whatever they're calling it this week.  I don't know about 4.3BSD;
indeed, I don't know who is deciding what will go into 4.3BSD or
whether there will even be one.

All the above is in the category of rumor-mongering and commits no one.