sri-arpa.13824: New Opsystem for the pdp-11!

jtb at phs.UUCP jtb at phs.UUCP
Wed Nov 23 05:36:06 AEST 1983

                                                               news -i 'Re: sri-arpa.13824: New Opsystem for the pdp-11!' -n net.unix-wizards  Strange as it may seem I can see a market for CP/M on an 11.

There are a large number of programs one can get for CP/M at low cost. Often
these have lower performance than UNIX equivelants but for a small company
the limited performance may be better than high price. What I don't understand
is how CP/M could be implimented on an 11. Packages for use under CP/M are
normally distributed as absolute binary how could these run on an 11 unless
there is a co-processor. As a matter of fact I would like a device which
runs under UNIX and implements CP/M as a sub process.
Jose Torre-Bueno
decvax!duke!phs!jtb