4.1c to 4.2 conversion

mike.rice%rand-relay at sri-unix.UUCP mike.rice%rand-relay at sri-unix.UUCP
Thu Nov 3 09:55:39 AEST 1983

From:  Mike Caplinger <mike.rice at rand-relay>

We are trying to decide whether to install 4.1c locally while we wait
for the local politicians to make up their minds about the 4.2 license.
We've had 4.1c running on one machine and are willing to live with the
bugs.  What will really make the decision is whether the 4.2 file
structure is compatible with 4.1c's.  I can live with reinstalling all
binaries, but I don't want to have to scratch the disk again.  Has
anyone gone from 4.1c to 4.2 without remaking their disks?

Please respond directly to me, and I'll summarize if there's any
interest.

				thanks,
				Mike Caplinger
				mike.rice at rand-relay