4.2 crashes - (nf)

kolstad at parsec.UUCP kolstad at parsec.UUCP
Thu Nov 17 14:20:06 AEST 1983

#R:sri-arpa:-1296500:parsec:44200015:000:515
parsec!kolstad    Nov 16 11:58:00 1983

I should have posted a reply earlier.

As I understand, a half dozen or so "erroneous tapes" were mailed out
with a cleverer-but-defective routine to save some time calling a clock
routine.  I received almost instant help by calling Berkeley and had
the SMU machine fixed post haste by changing less than a dozen lines of
code.

Since those fixes (which almost everyone else received in their standard
distribution), the SMU machine has neither crashed nor hung a DZ.

Good stuff, that BSD distribution.

					Rob