750 vs. 780 Performance? - (nf)

rbbb.rice%rand-relay at sri-unix.UUCP rbbb.rice%rand-relay at sri-unix.UUCP
Sun Nov 27 13:50:10 AEST 1983

From:  David Chase <rbbb.rice at rand-relay>

I have found that a 750 CPU = about 40% of a 780 CPU.  This is NOT a measure
of system performance; this is crunching on a variety of weird (non-FP)
things.  DEC claims that as a system (running VMS, of course) a 750 is 60%
of a 780, and I am willing to believe them.  I expect that running unix
instead would give you different results, though I'm not sure how different.

David Chase, Rice University