SDLC CRC in C? - (nf)

grunwald at uiuccsb.UUCP grunwald at uiuccsb.UUCP
Tue Nov 8 14:07:31 AEST 1983

#R:sri-arpa:-1308600:uiuccsb:14900004:000:682
uiuccsb!grunwald    Nov  6 17:37:00 1983

re: computing sin and cos using the POLY op-code

Wouldn't it be better to compute the sin and cos using the CORDIC method? I
would think that this would give you much better results than using the taylor
series expansion (which is what I assume you're using the POLY for). Or is
there some problem with this (I've just done CORDIC routines for fixed point
fractions, not floating point -- so the range arctangents you need to store
is much smaller. However, combining the CORDIC with a small-angle approxim-
ation would seem to work).

Keep those letters and cards coming...
Dirk Grunwald
University of Illinois