Terminal hanging problems

root%cit-vax at sri-unix.UUCP root%cit-vax at sri-unix.UUCP
Thu Nov 3 07:22:55 AEST 1983

From:  Root of All Evil <root at cit-vax>

The problem I asked about a few weeks ago with reference to terminal hanging
under 4.2 was a symptom of a more deep rooted problem. If you have a low
numbered 4.2 tape (ours was number 10), there is a problem whose symptom
is trap type 8,9 with the PC in the tty i/o routines. You should call
Berkeley for a fix. As for the terminals hanging under 4.1, I have no
fix, however, a program which does "ioctl(ttyfd,TIOCFLUSH,0)" on the
offending line will often clear it. I believe that the problem has something
to do with the terminal getting ^S'd and having its buffer filled while
the terminal start character (usually ^Q) is disabled by some program.
However, I may be totally wrong.

		    * Eric Holstege  Caltech, Pasadena, CA.
		    * eric at cit-vax   eric at cit-20