Berkeley and Unix

Phil Ngai phil at amd70.UUCP
Wed Nov 16 16:15:16 AEST 1983

That brings to mind the question: which flavor of Unix do people believe
will be the most popular (used on the most computers), BSD or USG?
I can only name two machines which run BSD, VAXs and Suns. There are
surely a few BSD ports going on out there, but Western has signed up
all the major microprocessor houses to support USG. Personally, I think
USG is going to overwhelm BSD despite BSD's many advantages, but that's
just my opinion. I'd like to hear some others.

(my VAX is going to run BSD)
--
Phil Ngai (408) 988-7777 {ucbvax|decwrl|ihnp4|allegra}!amd70!phil