The Newcastle Distributed Filestore

L.Marshall lfm at ukc.UUCP
Sat Oct 1 01:36:07 AEST 1983

    Yes, The Newcastle Connection is implemented without changing the kernel
in any way. It is actually a bit more than a distributed filestore as it
distributes signals and process execution as well (in fact it attempts
to distribute ALL the Unix functions).
  If anyone wishes more information about the Connection please feel
free to contact me (the software is actually being marketed commercially,
but I don't really want to use the net for advertising so I shall say no more).

    Lindsay F. Marshall
      Computing Laboratory,
        University of Newcastle upon Tyne,
          Newcastle upon Tyne.
            U.K.

    uucp      : ...!vax135!ukc!lfm (we have no uucp connection at Newcastle
                                    so this is at U of Kent)
    JNTMAIL   : lindsay at neda
    ARPA      : numac at sri          (no guaranteed delivery though!)