Job Control Wishlist

aaw at pyuxss.UUCP aaw at pyuxss.UUCP
Wed Oct 26 05:46:59 AEST 1983

I have had the same problem and considered the sandwich technique of
implementing it. That is:

	inputControl | theCommand | outputControl

inputControl and outputControl would of course have to be a
replacement shell, to limit proliferation of processes and
interprocess chatter. Consider the consequences: you could have
several 'background' processes requesting I/O and the shell
(=inputControl) should be able to sort it out, e.g. prompt

theCommand: >

to say 'theCommand' wants input. Also the major plus is it would allow
windowing with several forground processes, due to the shells sorting
out the /dev/tty reads/writes
				Aaron Werman pyuxss!aaw