Answer to booting 2.8BSD on 11/23 from rk05

Jerry J. Deroo jerry at utcsstat.UUCP
Tue Oct 25 23:21:51 AEST 1983

This is a followup to my posting a while ago concerning booting
2.8bsd on an 11/23 from an rk05 pack which would not boot on the 23, but
would on a 45.
Seems that the rkv11/d controller does NOT implement the memory extension
bits in rkcs! Therefore, the buffer MUST reside in the bottom 32kw of
memory. It took me a while to verify this using the micro ODT.
The manual, (which I just recently received,) confirms this.
Jerry Deroo, U of Toronto Dentistry, utzoo!utteeth!jerry