4.2 conversion

goldfarb at ucf-cs.UUCP goldfarb at ucf-cs.UUCP
Fri Oct 28 03:37:33 AEST 1983

While I was talking with Chuck Seitz at Caltech yesterday about
another issue, he advised me that Caltech was in its tenth day
of 4.1 to 4.2 conversion.  He said they were running into a lot
of unforseen problems.

I had previously decided to delay the conversion here until the
Christmas break to minimize the disruptions and inconveniences to
users of the 780.  This now is beginning to look like a wise move.

In any case, I'd like to hear about any unanticipated difficulties
other sites are having with the conversion.  War stories and
pleasant surprises are equally welcome.
				Ben Goldfarb
				University of Central Florida
				uucp: {duke,decvax}!ucf-cs!goldfarb