From VMS to UNIX

wls at astrovax.UUCP wls at astrovax.UUCP
Mon Oct 3 11:06:51 AEST 1983

I believe that if the "man" command is given with no arguments it should
print out a list of available topics.  It has also been one of my own
complaints about UNIX,  that the documentation was useless unless one
already knew what one was looking for anyway. It is hard to browse. This would
help alleviate this a little.  I prefer the VMS "HELP" command (which behaves
this way) to the UNIX "man" command.  The latter makes prettier copy when run
through a typesetter but the former is more useful when sitting in front of
a terminal.
  William L. Sebok {allegra,cbosgd,decvax,ihnp4,kpno}!astrovax!wls