Trying 4.2bsd and ra80s

chris at mddc.UUCP chris at mddc.UUCP
Tue Oct 25 11:42:46 AEST 1983

I've sent the follow message to ucbvax!4bsd-bugs but thought
maybe there could be someone else out there who might know also.
Was this a problem with 4.1 ra80s also?

---
I am trying to bring up 4.2bsd on a 11/750 with ra80 & tu80.
(I have brouht up 4.1 on several machinces but never on a ra80)
Things are looking pretty good.  I have noticed that the
"disktab" tables are set up to use 242606 logical blocks(~121Mb),
but the ra80 manual says there are only 236941 logical blocks.

This first showed up when trying to do the "newfs ra0h ra80" command
so "/usr" can be put there as suggested in the installation guide.
The error is:

write error 111201

I tried just using ra0g for /usr and this works ok.
I also changed "disktab" as listed below and was then able
the "newfs ra0h".

pc#236941 and ph#105560

  236961
- 131404
  ------
  105560

What happen to the other 3Mbs?  Is this the best way to
fix the problem?

Thanks,

Chris Maloney
Management Decisions Development Corp.
Fairfield, Ohio   45014
(513)874-6464

...{ucbvax,decvax,inhp4,mhuxi}!cbosgd!qusavx!mddc!chris		(uucp)