Fast File Transfer

pkb at omsvax.UUCP pkb at omsvax.UUCP
Sat Oct 8 03:32:01 AEST 1983

	I am looking into fast file transfer between VAXes (running UNIX).
The VAXes are at different sites (cannot use ethernet). X25 is an alternative,
but does not seem to be cost affective. Are there other alternatives
(about 9.6 Kb will be good enough).
	I  was looking into 9.6Kb synchronous modems. Has any one used
them (I  mean are they reliable over normal phone lines). Also, how
will UNIX behave with sync devices.
	What are other possible means to do fast file transfers. Any
help will be appreciated. Will summarize if enough interest is there.

	Praveen Bhatia
	..!hplbas!omsvax!pkb
	..!teklabs!ogcvax!omsvax!pkb