I/O performance

plb at omsvax.UUCP plb at omsvax.UUCP
Wed Oct 5 12:27:04 AEST 1983

I am interested in any I/O system performance enhancements
that people have made or attempted to make. While I am most
interested in V7 and SYS III enhancements, I would like to
see any and all, particularly practical experience (sucesses
and failures). Though, I am fairly familiar with the 4.2bsd stuff.

Specific areas of interest are:
	cache buffer managment optimization
	exec performance enhancement
	special disk controllers (zero interleave,
		skewing techniques, multiple track caching, ...)
	copyin/copyout/... enhancements

Any pointers to papers or studies would also be appreciated.
If there is sufficient interrest, I will sumarize (sp?) to the net.

				Phil Barrett
				...!tektronix!ogcvax!omsvax!plb
				..!hplabs!icalqa!omsvax!plb