TS-11 and KMC/DZ flakes

ziegler at lzmi.UUCP ziegler at lzmi.UUCP
Sat Oct 1 05:31:44 AEST 1983

We have a VAX 750 running USG UNIX V, with a TS-11, two DZs, a KMC,
a KMS and two RM80s.  There seems to be a problem with the TS-11
driver.  Sometimes when we use the tape, the system goes berzerk.
The system still runs, and the console is operational, but the DZ
ports get no response.  It looks like the KMC is dead, in other
words.  Rebooting fixes things up.  Anybody have any ideas why this
is happening?  Reply to me by mail, please.

		Joe Ziegler
		...hogpc!pegasus!lzmi!ziegler <or>
		...mhtsa!lznv!ziegler