Update on Memory controller and DZs

eric at aplvax.UUCP eric at aplvax.UUCP
Tue Oct 18 22:21:26 AEST 1983

	Thank you to those that responded to my original request.
It looks like the memory controller is no big problem, it just
needs to be added as a possible type of controller. The problem
with the DZ board and the LP interface was in fact a hardware
problem with the unibus. That has now been corrected and it is on
to the next set of problems. Just out of curiosity, has anyone
ever had a VAX delivered, and brought up Unix without any problems?
That means no hardware problems, no missing drivers on distribution,
etc. We have just brought up three Unix machines for this project
(a VAX, a PE, and a 68000 based micro), and each had hardware
problems, then software. (Actually, we only bought up the VAX, the
manufacturer had the problems with both the PE and the micro). Seems
like good job security for gurus.

--
					eric
					...!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!eric