USG 5.0 'find' and 'ls' blocksize questions

Guy Harris guy at rlgvax.UUCP
Sat Oct 1 18:11:23 AEST 1983

I agree that all UNIX commands should have one and only one idea of how
big a "block" is, be it 512 bytes (natural because all DEC hardware works
in those block sizes) or 1024 bytes (even more natural because most real
capacities are given in KB or MB; besides, not all UNIX systems are on
DEC hardware these days - our Power 5 has 1024-byte blocks in hardware
on its disks).  It's nice to be able to compare the output of "ls" and
"df", and to use those numbers with "find".

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,mcnc,we13,brl-bmd,allegra}!rlgvax!guy