Real-time needed; FTIME buggy. - (nf)

kink at hscfvax.UUCP kink at hscfvax.UUCP
Thu Oct 6 11:03:05 AEST 1983

#N:hscfvax:400003:000:635
hscfvax!kink    Oct  5 17:30:00 1983

Hi,

I just moved to a place where they don't have IPC.  I have some
interesting games that require real-time increments in the milli-sec.
range, and I've been trying to hack something together.  I tried
a loop doing repeated FTIME calls (which should return all the
clock info, as of the time of the call), but found to my dismay
that whatever clock this uses is updated in some saltatory
(periodic?) manner.  In otherwords, it says "384 milli-sec" for
several calls to FTIME, then changes immediately to "415 millisec."
Why is this, and how would you suggest I proceed???   Thanx in
advance for your genious,
				Andy Papp   (kink)