Reading/writing VMS format tapes

mcm at ncsu.UUCP mcm at ncsu.UUCP
Thu Oct 13 06:58:05 AEST 1983

I got a copy of David Phillips' (ucf-cs!dave) vmstp program
a while ago, and have since made many minor changes.  I
recently made a major addition to the program.  It now
writes VMS format tapes, in addition to reading them.

I know about 'ansitar', but I ran into problems reading
"ansi" format tapes another site created.  Vmstp read
the tape just fine.  I'll stick with vmstp.

Would anyone out there like a copy of the program?
I've successfully transfered both text and binary files
between a VMS site and a UNIX site.

	Mike Mitchell
	duke!mcnc!ncsu!mcm