Gnu and you

jbray%bbn-unix at sri-unix.UUCP jbray%bbn-unix at sri-unix.UUCP
Wed Oct 19 03:12:40 AEST 1983

From:  James Bray <jbray at bbn-unix>

  I don't think it is correct to surmise that GNU-like software would put
software people out of work. In fact, I think the opposite is true. If one
looks at the comments in the "Unix vs. XXX" debate, one of the more frequent
complaints is that the often inadequate or entirely lacking support leads
to many sights having their own resident "Unix-Person" to hack and babysit
the thing. A 'product' like GNU would presumably have an even more decentralized
and unofficial support system than BSD-stuff is supposed to have.
  In short, granted that there may be a bear guarding the cave, the cave may
still be a goldmine.

--Jim Bray	ARPA jbray at bbncca
		UUCP decvax!bbncca!jbray