TOPS-20 --> UNIX

SHAWN%mit-ml at sri-unix.UUCP SHAWN%mit-ml at sri-unix.UUCP
Thu Sep 29 12:29:00 AEST 1983

From:  Shawn F. McKay <SHAWN at mit-ml>

I have, I still love lots of the things TOPS-20 does that UNIX does not,
like command completion, and file name completion, but there is no reason
that if someone felt like it, unix could not do the same. the only thing
that unix could not do, is deal with '?' in the same manner, for, reasons
I need not mention to you folks.

But TOPS-20 was written for a different use I beleive. And it is my
opinion that BOTH are winning. But that UNIX SEEMS to do lots more then
tops-20. (but, when you look close, that works both ways, but for god's sake,
they are VERY different Operating Systems).

		Yours In Hacking(c),
		   -Shawn

CopyRight 1983, All Rights Reserved,